Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to create holes at multiple points

rajendran

I would like to create a same hole at multiple random datum points. Can anybody help me in creating the same size hole by selecting the datum points at multiple places.

Create the points with pattern table, then create a holeusing the first point as a reference and pattern it as reference.

Hi Rajendran,

Try creating all the points at which you want the holes as a table pattern. Then define a co-axial hole at the base feature of the pattern of points by creating the axis as internal feature. Then pattern the hole as reference pattern.

Regards,
Shankar

Thanks for your replies.

The points are created in irregular co-ordinates & created from other feature reference. So i can't create this points from pattern application.
Edited by: rajendran

remember rules.

It needs point on surface and surface must be planer. You cant make on curvey surfaces. make datum points on solid surface, first select the point then start hole command, it will automatically on point hole type selected.

Create the pattern of the points USING the Table (in the Pattern). The you can fill in the Irregular dimensions.

Then create the Hole and Pattern Reference.

Hi Magneplanar
I didn't remember, but I think it doesn't create. Plz make a try and inform all us too.
smiley2.gif

Hi,
Here is an example showing how holes can be patterened at known point locations.

When I created, I created a plane using point and tangent to surface option. Based on the tangency, you will get the hole seen on one side or both sides. But, if you want the holes on both sides, go for an extrude cut with both-sides thru-all option. The points are located on the curved surface only.

Regards,
Shankar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back