Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to creat an animation

mendes5913

hi

i know how to do an animation with the camera moving, but how can i but my parts moving to??

i have been searching the net, but theres good online

where can i learn to do an animation??

please help me!!

please

well I suppose You should start from playing with connections in assembly and then with servo motors

these are the "things" responsible for moving parts in animation, like they do in mechanism either.

Having a knowledge about connections and servo motors are basics to start playing with animation module.

check the web for mechanism tutorials. There are plenty of it!

Hello

The first thing you should do is to create an assembly. Then in Animation modul define the 'ground' and the 'bodies' .You can leave the 'gorund' by default, the bodies are the moving parts in animation. You can set this from "Body definition in animation" button on the right.

Next click on "Drag packeged components" and in the dialog choose the basic coord. system. Then move some part (X,Y,Z or around axis) and click on the "camera" button to make a snapshot, make the next move and create another snapshot. Every snapshot defines position of the elements. When you create enough snapshots click on "Create a new Key Frame sequence". In this dialog you can select snapshot and time.

Set the camera position, transparency if you want ( i suggest not to use it, because it's not very good in proE) ... and you're ready.

This was for very basic animation.I hope it will help you for the begining.

And as Jasek said you shoud learn servo motors too.Amazingresult you will achieve when you use rendered frames in your animation

Good luck

Vasil Velchev

vasil said:
Hello

The first thing you should do is to create an assembly. Then in Animation modul define the 'ground' and the 'bodies' .You can leave the 'gorund' by default, the bodies are the moving parts in animation. You can set this from "Body definition in animation" button on the right.

Next click on "Drag packeged components" and in the dialog choose the basic coord. system. Then move some part (X,Y,Z or around axis) and click on the "camera" button to make a snapshot, make the next move and create another snapshot. Every snapshot defines position of the elements. When you create enough snapshots click on "Create a new Key Frame sequence". In this dialog you can select snapshot and time.

Set the camera position, transparency if you want ( i suggest not to use it, because it's not very good in proE) ... and you're ready.

This was for very basic animation.I hope it will help you for the begining.

And as Jasek said you shoud learn servo motors too.Amazingresult you will achieve when you use rendered frames in your animation

Good luck

Vasil Velchev

well i almost got done what i want to animate, but now im having trouble with hinding pieces that i dont want to show in the animation, how do i do that? im talking about of alot of pieces, is there another way without using transparency???

please help

Hi Mendes

I hope that your parts are in assembly, right? So If you don't want to use them in animation at all just hide them in the tree.

If you want to disapear during the animation you should use the transparency setting. It works good when your animation is not rendered, but when you use rendered frames you may face unpredictable results.

I will give you a tip, that i'm using in my animations (rendered) - to avoid seeing the shadow of the object reflecting on the wall, after it's gone you can do this: when it's completely disapear you can send it out of your frame for a 0,05s, this move it's too fast to be seen and the object won't be mess the animation

Good luck

Vasil Velchev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back