Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How many Engineers Graduate ....

Probably because there is a big demand for engineers. So the number for engineers is 137 thousand

Now percentages? Do you guys suspect the larges number is
in mechanical engineers? My guess (and I base this on when I was
in school)

Chemical Engineers: 25 percent

Mechanical Engineers: 37 percent

Electrical Engineers: 25 percent

Other: 12 percent or less

I lump biomed and optical engineers under mechanical engineers. Do MET engineers count?

Edited by: design-engine

<LI>Aerospace Engineering
<LI>Biological & Agricultural Engineering
<LI>Biomedical Engineering
<LI>Chemical Engineering
<LI>Civil Engineering
<LI>Electrical and Computer Engineering
<LI>Engineering Technology & Industrial Distribution
<LI>Industrial and Systems Engineering
<LI>Mechanical Engineering
<LI>Nuclear Engineering
<LI>Ocean Engineering
<LI>Petroleum Engineering </LI>

Here are a few fields, and Mech. Eng. inlcudes (mat., mechanics,thermal and fluids science, systems and control.etc....

< = src="http://tees.tamu.edu/pls/portal/rss.js?d=ME&tx=N&ct=3&li=circle" =text/>

<H5 =text>What is Mechanical Engineering </H5>
Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines, having culminated from the industrial revolution of the 19th century. Traditionally concerned with harnessing and converting energy forms, mechanical engineers are inherently multi-disciplinary. For example, the design of a car engine combines the fields of chemistry, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, electronic controls, dynamics and vibrations, materials science, and mechanical design. Although the mechanical engineer may specialize in one of these fields, a cursory knowledge of each of these fields is necessary to interact with other engineers.

Q : What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers?

A : Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back