Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How long have you been in the business?

I heard the Thaw the Chicken joke but it was NASA and a british aerospace company.

But yes its really done as well as the bird injestion test. A 3/4 inch bolt injested into a jet engine does 25 times more damage to the test chamber than to the engine as far a repair cost go.

jperkins

Maybe we should forget chickens and throw Smeling down one of these..

btw Smeling, what you describe are fuselage stations.

Stations, buttock lines and waterlines comprise an old and universal dimensioning scheme used in aerospace and shipbuilding - all over the world including Europe !!!

PS What country are you from and what innovative products have you guys come up with ???

Speling,

You mentioned Columbia. Can you tell me what other country or organization repeatedly put people on the moon and brought them back? Do you know how many successful manned spaceflights have been done? How about successful satellite launches, probes landing on other planets.

Who would you like to compare track records to?

jperkins

i'm glad to hear that the US Airforce no longer uses real chickens. interesting story brian. thanks for the link. =)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back