Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do you search for creator of object

SrGilberto

Hi,<BR itxtNodeId="22">(using WF5.0 and Windchill)<BR itxtNodeId="21">I'm relatively new to Windchill and I'd like to know how tosearch the Windchill commonspace for the creator of an object.I haven't yet figured out how to do that type of search.Surely it can be done, right?Can someone give me a clue?<BR itxtNodeId="20">Thanks<BR itxtNodeId="19">SrG.

Yes, I see that this should be the way to do it. However, I'm still having problems trying to get a listof all thePro-E parts that were created by me.

There is another field in the "Advanced Search" pagethat can be changed. It is "Search For:" followed by a field that contains, by default, the word "Document" and just to the right of that is a button "Find". When I pick the "Find" button, I get a selection box. So I select "Part" from the selection box. I change that field to "Part" and executemy search. The rusult are the parts with the little gray gear icon (the WT parts). However, it's not the WTparts that I'm trying to find. I'm trying to find the actual Pro-E parts and assemblies that I've created and stored in commonspace. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I hope all this makes sense. Let me know if you can give me any other ideas. Thanks,

You need to select Workgroup Manager CAD Document. This will look for ProE documents or any other documents which are normally created using a workgroup manager (Interface to Winchill for the software)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back