Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do you import a ZIP file into WChill?

Login to windchill using Internet Explorer/Firefox/etc

Choose the product/library/project you want to store the zip file in

Choose the directory

In the 'toolbar' above the list of files, there is an icon to create a windchill document

You can attach any file to this document

robertib - Thank you for your help. I did what you said and it worked. I created a document that contains a ZIP file that contains a DXF and PDF drawing file. Now I want to associate the Document (thedocument numberis 0000016006) to the WTpart and the pro-e drawing. I was able to associate the pro-e drawing and the WTpart but I can't seem to be able to associate the zip document (0000016006)with the WTpart. Can you tell me what to do to make the association.

What release of Windchill are you using?

Did you want to upload the .zip file as a single document, or have the contents extracted into individual WTDocuments?

The association types for WTDocuments is different than CAD Documents. It sounds like you want to use the "Add Described by" or "Add References" table on the WTPart details page to add the document(s).

Associating a Document with a Part(WC 9.1)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back