Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do I create a border?

fiebigc

When I open a new format there is a simple box for a boarder. How can I create a boarder with letters on the vertical borders and numbers in the horizontal border? I looked all over and I can't find a means to insert this. Thanks.

you have to open the drawing format then sketch your numbers, lettersand lines aroundthe outside of the "box" then resave the format. That is the only way I know of. Pro-e has formats that already have what you are looking for in the formats directory (ex. C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\formats).

Hope this helps.

Krow72

<h1>About Location Callouts</h1>
You can define a zone or location grid to drawing formats by
creating location callouts. You define the location grid by using the existing
lines of a format or by using equally spaced increments. Use this location grid
to locate drawing views using parametric notes to indicate both the sheet and
drawing location of a view.
Parametric location callouts allow for intelligent notes to
be added to drawings to indicate the location of a detail or section view,
saving time and preventing out-of-date notes.
Location callouts are created using a standard syntax:
<ul><li ="kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Bulleted">
View location

Hi dr_gallup,
I bookmarked this thread for later use and I cannot get the hyperlinks

<a href="to_create_a_location_callout_for_drawing_views.htm" target="_blank" target="_blank">To Define the Location
Callout Grid</a>

<a href="to_show_the_location_callout_in_a_drawing.htm" target="_blank" target="_blank">To
Show the Location Callout in a New Drawing</a>to work. Any ideas?

That was pasted directly out of the Pro/E help so I guess you have to open the original page in help & click on the links there.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back