Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hole wizards Pro-E vs Solidworks

sonics

New to Pro-e, been using Solidworks for quite some time. Is is me or does Solidworks have a better handle on assigning and placing holes?

The hole wizard in SW, once selected you can place a series of holes in seconds. When a drawing is completed the call-out is a full description plus the number of identical holes. Not to bash Pro, the solids rocks compared to SW.

Any Thoughts? Or am I missing something?

Sonics

sounds like your frustrated using the hole wizard in Pro/E.I just talked to you on the phone and you mentioned using the hole wizzard in Assembly so all the thru holes and their matting threaded holes line up.

Maybe what you can do is not use top down design like we discussed.instead model one thru hole in the lid. Model a threaded hole in the other mating part.Pattern them both. And in your top view of the assembly drawing just look at your two holes and make sure they all line up.

then when you assembly the first screw you can pattern the screw in your assembly with the hole pattern.

Thanks Bart-

This is more cumbersome than SW, but that's okay......it's just differant. I had a good instructor tell me if you can't get the software to work the way you want it to; find a work around.

Sonics

design-engine said:
I am work around king!

That's coz you're working with ProE
smiley36.gif

new to this site, but I've been using pro for over 20 years and solidworks for about 5. there is no doubt sw is much easier to create holes, but what is bothering me is that in pro I can't seem to edit the drill depth separate to thet thread depth? they are the same, this is not real? am I missing something, I seem to remember there was this functionality in past revs. I noticed this thread is from 2003, wonder f anyone is still alive?
never mind just figured it out, didn't the shape window used to update with the drill depth in previous revs? Proe having the drill and thread depth the same is just ignorant!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back