Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hole Table in Drawing

TMPENG

Hi,

I'm trying to use the hole table in a drawing. You can choose to make the hole diameter as a column in the table. However, the column is populated with the hole type instead of the hole note. For example, if when modeling I used the hole table to create a 1/4-20 shank/thru hole, creo will create a .281 dia hole. When I place the hole table in the drawing, instead of listing the hole as .281 dia, it shows 1/4-20. Is there a way to make it actually display the hole note? I have come up with many work arounds (i.e. manually typing, copy/paste the hole note, etc..), but ultimately, this seems like something that should be doable.

Thanks,
Matt

I haven't found a way to do it yet. I got so frustrated with using the built in hole table that I started manually creating them and then using the hole notes to call out the type of hole. I'll be honest, the hole table function in Pro/E left a lot to be desired for me. My 2 largest pet peeves about it where 1) magically forgetting holes and 2) the stupid "new_view_X: CSY" note it put at the top of the chart next to "Hole Chart". I'd build a table and everything would be fine then a few days later it would lose one of the holes. Rebuild the table and it was back but it was still one more step I didn't want to take.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back