Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hinge Mechanism in Assembly

kerklein2

I am new to Pro/E and I just decided to take a look at mechanisms today. I have a hinge model that I have created and a servo to turn it 90 degrees when the Analysis is run. I have attached this hinge to two parts in an assembly to open and close the door, but when I try to run the analysis, it says that the analysis does not belong to the current model. Do I have to create a new one to make it work like I want? Is there an easier method to create a rotating hinge assembly with a door? Thanks for all replies.

Edited by: kerklein2

Also, when I switch to mechanism in the larger assembly, I get a warning that my connection is not defined from two bodies and if I continue, they will be suppressed.

Another thing I just noticed. When I open the hinge and edit definition on the movable piece of the hing, it says connection definition complete, but the same part when placed in a larger assembly says connection definition not complete.

Ok, now I seem to have got the connection right and am in mechanism in the larger assembly. I tried to create an analysis but it wont run, it just fails. I think the problem may be that all of the parts are in the ground but I'm not sure and I can't figure out how to change it.

Edited by: kerklein2

I would, but I believe I got it working the way I want it yesterday. I never got an animation or an analysis, but I set limits on the joint and can just open and close manually, which is probably the easiest thing anyway.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back