Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Highlight overwrite dimensions

harichennai

Hi,

Iam using WF4 M030.

I have overwritten a creaated dimesion by using @o.

When I do Edit->highlight by attributes-> dimension-> created and non associative

the overwritten dimensions are not at all highlighted.

It is highlighting those overwritten dimensions as created and associative dimensions..

why is this? Strange, I checked by creating many such dims, still the same..

There is a drawing option associative_dimensioning that needs to be set to no to create non associative dimensions but it only applies to dimensions created for draft entities.

@Sandeep

WF2 does not work that way..Iam sure..please try yourself.

Basically it is not highlighting the false dimensions

From what I've read and posted earlier ProE doesn't consider an overriden dimension a non associative one. The dimesion originally created is associative, it's still there which is what ProE is using to identify the dimension and you are just adding a text note to it. Unless I'm missing something from what I understand created dimensions that referencemodel geometry is always associative. If you create draft geometry with the drawing option associative_dimensioning set to no a created dimension referencing the draft geometry will highlight with the option created but non-associative.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back