Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hiding origin in ordinate set

albakral

I'm trying to hide the origin root in an ordinate system set. I'm using datum and would like not to see the 0.

Is there a way to do that in Creo 2?

Thanks

David

If you are trying to do this on a drawing so that it does not print, then drag your zero outside of the format so that it will not be seen and also drag the leader line off.

Creating a layer and hiding it worked for me. You can not just drag the zero because it drags all the other ordinate dims with it.

Creating a layer and hiding it worked for me. You can not just drag the zero because it drags all the other ordinate dims with it.

Sure you can. Just like you can drag any individual dim anywhere you want. Select only the zero, then drag.

That is probably caused by the setting for "ord_dim" mine is set to STD_ANSI. I changed it to STD_ISO and the other dims moved with the zero.

Hello

I'm trying to hide the origin root in an ordinate system set. I'm using datum and would like not to see the 0.

Is there a way to do that in Creo 2?

Thanks

David

I've been doing design and drafting for over 40 years now and have worked for a lot of company's.
The reason to have the "0" in the dimension is so that whoever is making the part has a starting point.
All dimensions that were below and to the left of the "0" are negative (-) numbers.
Leave the 0 alone and the drawing correctly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back