Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide object or layer - model / layer tree

Siron

In WF4 they changed the way that the text looks int he model tree and layer manager. When you hide now the text becomes so light that it is hard to read.

I started a PTC/U course online today and noticed that in the videos that the set up for hidden items is set to the pre WF4 setting, so that got me to thinking that there must be a way to set it back.

Does anyone know if there is a config option or some way to change this?

This is how it looks now...
smiley7.gif

View attachment 5329

This is how I want it to look...
smiley2.gif

View attachment 5330

I have looked also and have found nothing. It seems to me that it has to be in the system code somewhere and I am not a programer.

Well the reason that I think that it can be done is because in the pictures above the bottom one was taken from a screen shot of of a PTC/U video course. In the pro/e window at the top it said Wildfire 4.

Oh well, I really hope they change this back or at least add it as an option. I have a really hard time reading that light text for some reason.

Thanks for looking guys

The only thing I can think ofas a workaround is to change the background colour of the model tree area to a colour which contrasts well enough with both the black text (model tree) and greytext (layer tree). It's under:
view -> display settings -> system colours
then on the tab 'user interface' under 'editable area'

For example dark grey or the greenish blue (turquoise) might work.
Also you can use the config.pro setting for this:

system_background_color x y z

(x, y, and z are percentages red, green and blue.)

@Zestje
Actually that is a pretty decent work around. I change the back ground to the olive green color and now I can read both the black and the light gray text. Its not the most attractive color scheme but it works.

Thanks
smiley2.gif

The images in the online courses and even in the training material are not always updated. If the lower image is from the training material that looks like a WF3 layer dialog from what I remember. Some appearances can also be from a windows theme that is being used and the version of windows used.

Don't worry about it. The programmer is just trying to justify her existance! Like most program changes.

Siron said:
In WF4 they changed the way that the text looks int he model tree and layer manager. When you hide now the text becomes so light that it is hard to read.

i

Yeah, it is really annoying. You have to lean into read the numbers and everyone here at work hates it.

Unfortunately going back to an older date code is not an option since there are about 100 of us and pro/e installs are handled by an IT group.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back