Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide Hole Notes

The best way to manage annotations is with ruled layers. Glen Beer has a posting I think it is called mastering layers. it will explain how to setup ruled layers.

If you just want something quick and dirty under enviroment (the icon that looks like a globe) there should be a check box to show 3D notes as complete notesor to just display the names of 3D notes. Select the setting you like.

Besides ruled layers, you can:

If you have no need of the note, you can select it and delete it.
Use the find dialog to search for, and select, many notes at once.

Select the hole note and hide it.
Then save the layer status to make the hidden notes stay that way.

I don't know that there is any option to omit the creation of hole notes when an engineered hole is created.

I understand that holes are a necessary feature for C.A.M.
However since they and their UI were introduced by PTC they have been an illustration of how poorly PTC understood the greatness of their own product. (non parametric notes and display) PTC could do much better than the hole menu and their notes.
The amount of time its taken from their introduction to their improvement underlines the marketing led damage of PTC on the Pro-E beautifully simplistic original UI which was 'it does exactly what it says on the icon / dropdown'. This is a topic that could / should be easily moved to Rant & Rave......

Sadly the sales driven marketing environment led them to follow the crowd mentality with regards to their UI so everything followed a dumbing down to others low standards, when all the time they should have stuck with the fantastic original blue dropdowns which allowed the user to follow highly accurate options.

Oh well, just my 2p, but one day there might be a config option or release called Pro-E classic menu!!!!!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back