Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hide / display sketches

sander

I have the following :

In a part I have a sketch.

In one drawing I want to display the sketch.
In another I do not want to display the sketch (hide it.)

But when I hide the sketch and save the status, it gets hidden in both drawings...

I think there is a solution using a simplified reps, but I was hoping there is another....
regards,
Sander.

In your part create a layer called "sketch" and put the sketch in it.

then in one drawing blank that layer, and in the other unblank it.

I am using WF2.0

Thanks both of you, but I still can't get it done...
I guess you mean by "blanking" the "hide" command ?

How to blank or hide a sketch (that's inside a part) in one view and not to hide (or blank) it in another. ?
In my case it hides in all drawings or views...

I guess I have found part of the problem....

In the layer tree I cannot select a specific view.. It always selects the "main" drawing tree (*.drw) or the "part" layer tree...

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Kind regards,
Sander.

Yes I was talking about hide and to hide layers individually on one view you click on the arrow next to the active layer selection then click on the view and then hide the layer. But make sure you click on the view and not on the part, look on the bottom left side of the window to see what you will select.

Now the layers are set individualy for that view. To make that view dependent on the main drawing again, select the view with the arrow from layer selectionor select the view from the list next to the arrow then go to view / visibility / drawing dependent and click "yes" on the message.

My mistake for not giving a detailed answer but you figure it out in the end.
smiley2.gif

@vlad1979

thnx for the answer. The problem I had was that I could no get ProE to select the layers individually for that view.

It turned out that I had to change some values in my *.dtl file :

draw_layer_overrides_model NO
ignore_model_layer_status YES

I am not sure which one did the trick, but now it works the way you describe...

thnx !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back