Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hidden Relations

We have some parts made by a designer who is no longer with us. They have relations running parameters. The parameters are locked because of this. The description parameter for the part that shows in the BOM is related to the common name which we cannot change. I cannot find the relation to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

I've used a slew of techniques to learn / determine / remove relations & parameters often just to figure out where everything is hiding. One thing to remember is you can hit relations and see the relations that have been created for the part. Secondly you can create relations in sketcher mode that will not show up in the part relations 3 the parameter should show up in the relation dialog box.

I forget where but there is a global function for seeing relation and parameters. I think that is 'model intent' 'relations & parameters'

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back