Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hidden Lines in Creo 3.0 2D Drawing

cadprof

When creating 2D drawing views with hidden lines, why are they shown as light grey solid lines, when in fact they should be hidden? Is there something in the 3D model that needs set or in the 2D drawing environment?

If you create a drawing and add a view in "hidden lines" then hidden lines ARE visible, shown as dimmed solid lines and printed as dashed lines. If you don't want to see hidden lines switch to "No hidden". The environment selection (from the drop down menu in the floating bar) can be overridden in the single views

If you create a drawing and add a view in "hidden lines" then hidden lines ARE visible, shown as dimmed solid lines and printed as dashed lines. If you don't want to see hidden lines switch to "No hidden". The environment selection (from the drop down menu in the floating bar) can be overridden in the single views

Hello, zpaolo

I appreciate the information. When you teach four different software from basics to advanced, you get use to certain things and seeing hidden lines on 2D drawings in the other software, I kind of expected Creo to follow in the same manner. I did not know the lines printed as hidden.

I teach AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, in addition to Creo....all of which are 16 week courses within our engineering program.
Thanks again.
cadprof

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back