Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help with pro-mechanica installation

tarunkp

Hello All,
i need some help with pro-mechanica installation. i have single floating license module for pro-mech for 4 machines and 3 floating licenses for pro-e. i had installed the mechanica component separately and all the features on it.
However, when i run it it gives trouble. When i go to defining and assigning materials, it says that "Pro Mechanica" needs to be installed and then the box for material opens. The same error message appears when i try to run the analysis after meshing and then it aborts and says "ANSYS solver cannot be found, check pro-mechanica installation" . i have attached the status cmd file for licenses with this message and a message file which shows the message when i run the ptcsetup file (batch file located in pro-e folder)--i had little time to catch it off the screen and put it in file before it vanished everytime (hence, it is not very clear).

Any suggestions are welcome and would be really appreciated.i want to get out of this mess and get to actual work.

View attachment 4822

View attachment 4823View attachment 4824

As an udate...i have been trying to work on the issue and i think the problem is connection between Pro-E and Pro-mechanica during run. The option to connect those as i read on a thread "interoperability" is changed through the "ptcsetup.bat" file located in the bin folder. However, when i try to run the batch file..it flashes for a second and then goes. after running it through the command prompt the error i found is: (jpeg attached) .

as it says that the file: ptc_servars.bat is missing. How do i obtain the file? i found a d blog which is very close to this but still does not solve the problem. link included( [url]http://community.tristar.com/igorvarshavsky/2009/08/07/run-p tcsetupbat-of-proengineer-32bit-on-64bit-os/ [/url])

View attachment 4832

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back