Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help with multi-objective design study

iharriso12

Hello,

I'd like to run a design study where I vary the values of certain input dimensions in my model, and I observe the values of other output dimensions. Essentially what I'd like to do is create a table where each row is a set of input dimensions, and I'd like Pro-e to read each row, regenerate the model, and report the values of my output dimensions.

I guess my first question is: Is this what 'multi-objective design study' does? (I've never used this feature before.) If this is the feature that I need, then my next problem is that I can't figure out how to create the 'design goals'. When I try to create my master table and select my design goals, I receive the error: "There are no available parameters. Only top-level analysis features' parameters are allowed for selection here." I'm not sure what this means, and the help file is not very descriptive.

Can anyone give me some advice about this? I have access to Pro-e 2001 and Wildfire 2.0

Thanks,
Ian

yes, this is multi obj. design study.

create dimension parameters using analysis feature. Remember this is not under Tools-->Parameters.

Israr

Israr,

Thanks for the reply -- at least I now know that I'm on the right track.

Could you explain a little more about how to create a dimension parameter?

I've tried Analysis-->Measure-->Distance, then saving the result of my distance measurement. But then this saved measurement variable does not appear when I try to create my mult. obj. design study and I click on 'Select Goals'.

Thanks,
Ian

Okay, I think I just answered my own question. In the Measure dialog box, I have to save the measurement, then click on 'Add Feature'.

Thanks for the help.

Ian

First you need to have BMX license.

Then you need to create analysis feature by clicking on the icon for this in the right toolbar. Name the analysis feature ( by default Analysis1) and then click on measure Next and take the measure then add this parameter.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back