Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help with Mechanism

moner

Hey everyone. This is my first post here, but I have lurked for years. I cant even begin to tell everyone how much I have learned from the forum here.

Ok, now that is out of the way, I need some help with a Mechanism job I have been given.

I have this simplified assembly fixture. It has a threaded shaft with a custom nut that has a square groove in it that rides along the flange on the base that keeps the nut from rotating. So, as the motor rotates fore and aft, the nut will move back and forth.

I have the nut and threaded shaft using a slot connection, but this is still inadequate. I cant figure what additional connections I will need to get this to work properly. I cant get the slider connection to work. I must be missing something.

I am now officially frustrated with this... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ramon-

Attachments

• thread.jpg
    thread.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 18
Is the nut attached to the screw with a slider down the central axis? If So you will need to add some planar connections to keep the nut orientation constant. Also make sure the nut is only constrained to the screw if the screw is not rotating, If you reference it to a datum plane not in the screw the nut may not move. If the screw is rotating you will have to constrain the planar connections to the screw parent that is not rotating. You could also attached a point in the nut to a sketched helix if you are trying to make the screw turn to drive the nut but it will be hard to drag. You would need a motor defined.

Are you in Creo 2.0 It is a little more finicky about mechanisms

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back