Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help with BOM(new proe noob)

sandeep410

How to add description in a prt so that it will be shown in BOM.
Right now my BOM description Column is empty
Also can any1 Tell me how to show weight in BOM.

I am new Proe user. These all stuff was so easy in Solid works.

Adding description:
Tools --> Parameters ---> type the value of description.
You can also add more parameters if needed.

Getting them on the drawing:
A BOM in Proe is a linked to the data in the prt file and
is not a stand along table. You will have to create a
table with "Repeat region". HOW? There are many videos
and proe help is really very helpful
smiley2.gif
. Proe is a
very powerful software and persons approaching it with an
open mind learn to do great things and begin to
appreciate geometry.
You can have a look at this document too.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?
a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7FbUNiqT_L-
NTZiNzExZTktMjQ0Yy00ZjRiLTg4ZGItYzMyZmFjMjJhM2I4&hl=en_GB

Good luck.

Thanks dude i was able to create BOM.Phew such a hassle for a simple thing

Anyway i am still Not able toGet the weight of the object.
While creating BOM i had choosen ptc_massdesnsity option still it displays 0.0 in weight column.
Do you know how to get the weight of material in BOM.

For the weight , you can add the parameter 'mp_density' from the model tree. Put that parameter on your drawing in a table. Make sure to run the 'edit' 'setup' 'mass props' and under source "geometry and parameters".

Gary

I think the parameter you want is pro_mp_mass.

Handful of options within Setup (Edit >> Setup):

1. Assign a material using Material dialogue box. Then go to Mass Props; the density of the material will automatically populate the Density field; Click Ok and the weight of the part will be calculated based on the geometry and density, and the parameter pro_mp_mass will be updated.

2. Explicitly assign a density within Mass Props dialogue box.Simply enter the density in the Density field, then click Ok, and the weight (pro_mp_mass) will be updated.

3. Explicitly assign a mass/weight (be aware of your units of course!) within the Mass Props dialogue box. Select "Geometry and Parameters" in the Source field; click Edit, and enter the mass of the part. Click Ok, then Ok again, and again your weight (pro_mp_mass) will be updated.

I use a mixture of these as well as defining a new parameter called mass so that if I have a mix of parts using both american (Std) and metric units, I can convert the units of the parameter (using relations) rather than convert the units of the whole part. That way, in a BOM, all the weights show up with the same units.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back