Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help on rendering

amitk_001

Hi,
I have been trying to render a few of our products, but I am having problems. They are as
1. Using the color and apperance feature, I assign color to the part and also apply decal and texture. I have also saved the dmt file for that part. Next time I start Pro/E the part appears without any texture or decal. Even after I load the dmt file, I have to go through the process of importing decals and assigning them to particular colors. Is there any way to get rid of this problem ?

2. After I apply decals, and try to render the image, I do not see any decals. The area in which decal is applied usually appears as black or base color. Is this because of graphics card ?

It will be great if anyone can help me out on this

Thanks

Amit

Make sure you're working in the same directory that the appearance file is saved in. You might also try the config.pro option, save_texture_with_model. There is a limit to the size of an image applied as a texture that Pro/E can render. I can't remember it offhand (for some reason 1200 x 1200sticks inmymind), but you might want to experiment with resizing until you get it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back