Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

**HELP** Can’t see part features NEWBIE?

johnny916

I am working in Pro engineer 5.0 and can't see my part features, I see all the extrudes on the left side of the tree and when i click on one I see the features but they don't show as ONE solid piece??

My files are attached, I have no idea when I have two of the same part in each folder?? Can anyone answer that? I don't remember making two of the same parts.

U created something and cut that..
I can see warning there: "Extrude_5 removed entire model" in ur image.
just delete extrude_5 or move ur Insert here arrow in tree above that, u will understand everything..

I think u tried a lot to find answer..
smiley1.gif
I can see ur firefox searching"cant see feature.."
smiley2.gif

Wow you can tell a lot of info on someones screen shot.. I spent over an hour trying to figure that one out! Ended upgiving up until your post, which worked like a charm. Thanks. .

So to erase the older versions I just click Erase >> Not Displayed?

Erase -> Not displayed removes objects from memory that are not open in a window. Pro/E leaves parts / assemblies / drawings / etc. open in memory when you close the window. This command has no effect on objects on disk, on those open in memory.

Delete -> Old Versions accomplishes the same thing as Window -> Open system window and typing purge, with one big difference. The 'Purge' command applies to the entier directory, it will delelet old versions of everything in your working directory. The Delete -> Old Versions only applies to the current object that's open when you execute the command.

Apart from all other options mentioned above...
copy purge.exe file in your folder and run that..it will clean-up that folder with old versions..
When u run purge through system window, it runs this file from ur installation only...u can search for *purge* in ur Pro-e installation directory..

here is the file if u dont find:
2011-09-20_035729_purge.zip

Acually, running'purge' from the system window should purge all files in your working directory, or whatever directory you run purge from.

Spurge (Spekan Purge) is a great utility, but watch out for a bug if you try to rename all files to .1. It will find any file with two periods in the file name and rename it. So if you run it recursively on your hard drive to clean up all Pro/E files and you have, say MP3 files named <artist>.<song>.mp3, they'll get renamed <artist>.<song>.1 and will no longer be playable by your MP3 player. Renaming them back fixes it, but you can imagine creating quite a mess.

Just stay away from the 'rename to .1' command and you should be fine.

It was actually my boss who had that problem, but yes, I do. Leagally purchase or burnt from my own CDs mind you.

I work much better in a crunch with some Metallica or other driving beat on my headphones.
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back