Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help assembling 2 curved tubes

polishin8r

Hello everyone, I was attempting to assemble to curved tubes and so that they one of them can be moved (in and out) and they would stay on the same center line,
i added sketched offset circle going through each part and than through properties made them center-lines but that didn't allow me to pick both of the lines (because they were curved?) when i went in to assembly. I also tried making spline curves ( by picking points on those circles) and than trying to align them in assembly but that didn't work either....(tried insert, and surface matting too)( i am using ProE WildFire 5)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I presume both tubes have arcs as centre lines and these arcs share the same centre? If so, why not try making a pin/cylinder connection?

I presume both tubes have arcs as centre lines and these arcs share the same centre? If so, why not try making a pin/cylinder connection?

no the tubes were created using protrusion so no center lines show up, but i will try using pin/cylinder connection thank you

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back