Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hello Everyone!

shame152

First, this is my first post here at MCAD central. I've used alot of the information that is available here and I am very glad for so many educated contributors.

Now, sorry if this is under the wrong portion of the forum but there isn't an off topic or welcome area. However my situation is this... I am very comfortable with software such as MasterCAM, Inventor AutoCAD and Unigraphicsbut the machine shop I workfor just fired the engineer and I am now solely responsible for all the ProE models, prints etc. (A luddite of an engineer it's no wonder he was fired.) While this may seem very interesting and fun to some, it is very frustrating for me, mostly because of all the un-linked (unassociated).drw's. Supposedly, six years ago a system backup scrabbled the files. Regardless of whether or not this is possible or how it happened the fact is, this is the worst mess I have ever seen. Also I have six years worth of models and drawings since then scattered accross the network and computers. Such a mess I don't even know how or where to start. Please help.

Also, any advise for someone who needs to transition the way they think from the software I listed to ProE would greatly be appreciated.

Oh, this may be important, the first thing I did was update the software from wildfire 1.0 to wildfire 3.0 on windows 2000. The company's been paying for it why not use it? (The engineer was scared to install it, he was, "just waiting for them to get the bugs out."

Thanks everyone. You're all a great resource.

Sam

Morning Shame152,

4 years ago I made the jump from autocad to pro-e. The best way i can recommend to do every tutorial you can find(see ptc website), get the basic idea of how Pro-e works then take a beginners/advance classes.

On your problem with un-linked drawings. When i started here we were making a change from an older system to Pro-e. The old system was a 2D drafting program, and what we had to do was creatmodels and then create drawings. Yes i feel your pain we had to deal around 500 models to do this.
smiley11.gif

Best of luck John

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back