Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hellical Sweep

Nborg

I'm trying to make some kind of screw. I've been searching quite alot but I can't seem to find anything in detail about the subject. I know that I have to use the Hellical Sweep to make threads, but how does it work? Anyone mind explaining / pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

Here's the steps I use...
1) Create a shaft at the major diameter of the thread<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
2) Insert a Cut: Helical Sweep
a) Constant Pitch, Thru Axis, Right or Left Handed
b) Sketch Profile

Dear friend,

First you create a shaft, Then you go for helical sweep - CUT, then u select Through axis, Right handed ,constant pitch and give done, Then it prompts for a plane, Now u select the DATUN plane parallel to the axis of the shaft also passing through the axis of the shaft, Give default, Then you will come to the sketcher window , Here u take any one of the edges of the shaft as reference ( Along Length of shaft), Then u draw an axis at the centre of the shaft ( Lengthwise) , Now u draw a line at the edge of the shaft .( This line indicates the length of the thread as well as the start point and end point). Then you give done in Sketcher mode. Now it will prompt for the pitch value at the bottom. Here u can just enter the pitch value, The again sketcher mode opens , Here at the intersection of two yellow lines u draw your cross section of the thread, Give done , Thats All! You've got the thread. If you have some other quires u mail me personally to [email protected]

i've tried alot of times using the steps above but i just can't seem to get it right. where should the cross section be drawn? i keep getting this error: feature aborted. cannot regen sections at all points of trajectory

One thing... make sure your thread pitch is greater than the length of the cut. See the last comment on the second post of this thread.

Also try something VERY simple to get the process down and then work from there.

I think it means something like "substance abuse".
smiley17.gif

I'm not following..This thread is from 19.oct..Thanks for the part though Miko!And I'm not using drugs, at least nothing dangerous
smiley17.gif

zip and rar are essentially the same. Rar was used back in the old days to brake large items such as software up so it would fit onto floppy disks.

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back