Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Helical Sweep Pattern problems

Thaje

2011-04-07_015047_ps_mill.prt.zip

Hello,

I am trying to model a helical mill from a pencil sharpener. To do this I have created a cylinder and then a helical sweep with a large pitch around it. I am now trying to pattern that sweep around the cylinder 10 times.

My problem is that for some unknown reason the patterned members end up about 1mm down the axis of rotation, instead of level with the original member.

I am new to CAD and have been trying to solve this one for a while now. I probably made a mistake somewhere, most likely in the original sweep. Any help would be appreciated.

Thaje

To clean up surfaces you can replace or merge surfaces - this will extend an odd surface to a base.

Here is a helical sweep part with replaced surfaces,grouped and then patterened. 2011-04-07_072601_ps_mill2.zip

A better methodmight besome form ofparmetric orvariable section sweep with the ends tied explicitly to the shaft.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back