Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Helical sweep cut...need help

Vivek B

Hi all,

I have done all procedures correctly...I have got the axis,traj,pitch,section everything defined but at last it shows the message "Could not intersect part with feature" .
smiley19.gif

What could be the problem?...I have done helical sweep protrusions but that worked properly...What about this Helical sweep cut?
smiley5.gif

Hello Vivek,

As the feature is not working in your model, it only suggests that everything is NOT done correctly. Please upload the zipped model and then any technical comments can be made.

Anand

Hi pals,

Actually the part is nothing but a circle extruded to some length...I just wanted to try it out...thats all...could you guys tell me what could be the reason for such a message :"Could not intersect part with feature" ...From that one you can make out the mistake I might have done..right?

I appreciate your time...Thanks for the replies

vivek if you can't make a cut then i suggest you to make a surface helical sweet instead and then solidfy(cut) it.

i hope you have seen the drill bit tutorial.

Vivek - you need to make sure that the cut sketch is extended beyond your cylinder and not on the edge. Pro-e has a problem with that. Try that and see if it changes your results.

Krow72

Ya...I got it buddy
smiley4.gif
....the problem ws with the pitch value and the section size which made it to intersect...anyways its solved...

Thanks to all my friends who came out hereto help me...
smiley1.gif
...I appreciate your valuable time..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back