Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Grouping Views

Rbrgr83

Is there a nice way to group 2 unrelated views so that they move as 1?....In the same way that one would group a note to a view so that they move together.

I hope so
smiley4.gif

But i'm not optimistic
smiley19.gif

I think the best you can do is align one unrelated view to another.

The drawback is that you can only align either vertically or horizontally, but not both.

By the way, I like your signature..... We've all been there.

Will

I messed with it a little more. I have good news and bad news.

Good News: You can group two or more unrelated views and move them around as one.

Bad News:You have to convert the views to draft entities and group them together. The drawback is the beauty of using ProE is gone; no more parametric link to the solid model.

It's the equivalent of turning your drawing into a line drawing.
Edited by: WildOne_CNC

Yeah, I knew that was one way to accomplish it.

But as you say, that's 1 step forward and about 19 steps backward.

Thanks for the help; BTW how does one go about doing the vertical/horizontal alignment you originaly spoke of??

I'm lining up 4 seprate views in a "4 corners" type pattern. The rules of geometry might work to my favor even if am limited to 1 degree of alignment.
smiley4.gif

In your drawing,double click the view (WF3), go to alignment tab, you pick align view, and read the prompts. Pick the view to align to.

Jeff Toff

One possibility to align the views in horizontal and vertical direction is to create the point in the model, which is common to both views. Then set the view origin to that point for both views. Apply and Close and then again open the properties for an individual view and set the position of the origin to the specified location.

This way you cannot group the views, but you can set the origin of both views to the same location (vertically and horizontally).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back