Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

graphic card for proe

vivek_271986

i installed a nvdia graphic card geforce in my pc and also i have increased the ram from i gb to 2gb recently . I am using proe 4 and i am getting some problem while using it. It gets closed everytime while using it without showing any message and also my computer shows the blue screen error.how can i solve this problem?

Turn off hardware acceleration first and see if this removes the problem. GeForce aren't the best cards to run CAD as they are optomised for screen rate (games) rather than Quadros which are optimised for quality (anit-aliasing etc). That said, you should still be able to run Pro/E without it giving you too many problems. The difference only really shows up when you have big models in session and have high display settings.

set config.pro option "graphics" to "win32_gdi" (requires Pro/E restart to take effect), and see if the problem persists. If it does, then it's a problem with Pro/E. If it doesn't, it's your graphics card / graphics card drivers.

ok, THANKS
i understand what your are saying about graphic card. I have removed the graphic card . Now proe 4 should not give the same problem(when i work on pro e then it gets closed after half an hour without showing any messageand it happens again and again). If there is problem in proe 4, then what can be the problem in proe. can you tell me this? so that i can see that problem.

If its the graphic card try another Nvidia driver - if its
ProE try a different revision of ProE eg M060. Blue screen
suggests its Windows - ProE usually crashes cleanly.

Whats the card? Geforce XXX?
Edited by: moriarty

thank u,

I have sent the graphic card for replacement . It will come after 10 days . There was problem in the graphic card ( NVIDIA GEFORCE) . But without graphic card proe 4 should not get close while working. I think there is problem in proe 4. WHAT do YOU SUGGEST ?. shall i download another version of proe or the same version of proe wildfire 4 again?.

THIS IS MY SYSTEM SPECS BELOW:-

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PENITUM
System Manufacturer INTEL_
System Model D865GLC_
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2659 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2659 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. SA86510A.86A.1024.2006.0504.1017, 5/4/2006
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

RAM 2GB
HARD DISK 54O.28 GB SATA

if it's not the graphics card, then it might be due to your power options. proe checks for the licence file and if your network card goes to it's low power consumption mode,proe cannot check the license file and this lost connection causes proe to get closed without any warning. so try setting the power settings to "high performance" instead of "power saver". also goto device manager and, change the network card power manegment options to make sure that your PC does not turn it off. (uncheck the option bellow)
net-card.jpg

Edited by: solidworm

solidworm - this shouldn't crash Pro/E or Windows with a blue screen though. He should just get a warining message say 'License is lost' and cannot carry on working in Pro/E until he regains it.

Why this blue screen error occurs in the computer? Is this because of some ram problem or something else? . I don't know about this thing. I am having this problem in my pc . Sometime's it is kernal data in page error and sometime's it is bad pool header. I am using proe wildfire 4 and i have recently increased 1 gb ram in my pc before that it was 1 gb. My proe also gets stopped while working. I think it is because of this blue screen error or some ram problem . I am not sure. Any expert there who knows this exactly and who can help me because i am learning proe 4 somewhere and i have to practise on my pc daily but this pc is giving errors and my proe 4 gets closed while working. My pc specification is in above posts. any expert there.

If your RAM isn't compatible then this could cause an issue. Interestinggly though, I did have some Kingston RAM go faulty on me a few months ago. It was only about 6 months old too. I'd never have expected RAM to go faulty. I'm now not sure this is a Pro/E problem or a graphics card issue. I think it could be your RAM. How to get round it: Remove all your RAM except one and run Pro/E for a while and see if the issue occurs. If it happens with only the first one in, swap it for another to confirm it is actually the RAM card that's in. Add RAM but only one at a time and see how you go on. Pro/E crashing should not give you the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death)

Actually, the problem is like this that when i use sketch part then the proe works properly for long hours. But when i work on the 3d modelling part then it gives the same problem that i told you before. It means when i make some 3d model and rotate and work on it then the proe gets closed after some time and it happens again and again.But it is all right in the sketch part and i can work in the sketch part in the proe for long time but not in the 3d part.

I run a quadro fx 4600 and works fine with proe but sometimes isuffer a windows related problem with this card, it "loses" the drivers...

PJW is right. ABSOD indicates a Windows problem nota Pro/E problem. Almost certainly the RAM or the video card. From my experience the only way to diagnose is to remove one of the new components, run the PC for awhile and see if the problem goes away. If not remove the other component.

I'd start with the new 1 Gb RAM chip.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back