Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ghost line’s on section view drawing

szczecin

Please HELP
smiley5.gif

On my drawing in section view I see linesin blue color, there are not projection sketches from part model and there are not part of any geometry .

My problem is when I print they show on my printed drawing. (Ghost lines)

I can modify them , butI can't get rid of them.
smiley9.gif

if they are blue, it should mean they are curves
smiley36.gif

Usually You should be able to manage such stuff(visibility control of any entity in drawing) with layers. Go to them, check if there exist already any layer for curves, and hide it.

If there is none, create one by yourself in model.

However usually it is not so easy. Curves create curves entities(composite curve, curve from equation, etc). I`ve read your another post about merge feature. Curves could come from it either. If they are, then You have to create a layer in model which gonna contain merge feature. Hide it in drawing mode.

The worst case is with curve entities. I think You should find some stuff regarding layer with rule in special topic for that - http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34 733&PN=2

I too have had the blue lines and found it to be a curve from a surface application, such as a curve creation from two intersecting surfaces for compound curves made in Sketch for a extrusion referance. I found the only way to remove these under some applications is to go to the part/parts and hidethose referances in the part.Ifyou have mirrored the application you will have to hide the mirror as well. This has worked for me in the past, hope this will give you more options in the future.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back