Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

generic and instance drawing

backoffice

hi
i let u see my file.
the problem is that i would to make a drawing containing 2 sheets:
the first sheet for the generic, and the second for the instance.
But, for each sheet, i want to see the correspondent model tree, drawing model and the name in the table format.
in sheet1: generic in model tree-generic in drawing model-generic in the table format.
in sheet2: instance in model tree-instance in drawing model-instance in the table format.
is that possible?
thanx

2008-01-23_043901_Draw_Inst_Gen.zip
file mad in wf2

Hi,

Prepare two seperate drawings. Then insert one drawing into other using

Insert>shared data> from file

Regards,
Shankar

Are you speaking of Active drawing model name or drawing name in the format?

There can be only one active model in the drawing.

Shankar

Like Shankar said you will see there, in that field, only the active model from the drawing.

I'm just curious why would you want to see generic all over the drawing, and instance all over...... makes no sense.

The whole purpose of a drawing is to get it printed and have manufacturing making the part. They will not care what PRO_E is showing in all those fields you mentioned. Those are only for your eyes, but you will understand what is going on, on the drawing, because you know what each field is showing you, so why?

backoffice,

If I have understood you correctly, you need two different drawings without having to dimension it all over again.

It is to be understood that the Generic Part and the Family part are TWO distinct parts requiring TWO distinct drawings. For all you know the dimensions could be different, some of the features may be excluded etc.

I follow thus.

Create a generic drawing

Create a new drawing for the family part using the GENERIC DRAWING as a TEMPLATE.

I hope I have understood your query correctly.

no, the important is that i have the drawing generic and instance the both in one drawing file containing 2 sheets.
first sheet for generic
second for instance, with two different drawing model.
maybe this is not possible.

What are you talking about?? I don't understand what you want.

You say you want a drawing with 2 sheets, first sheet to have the generic drawing and the second to have the instance drawing. That's possible.....You already have it like this....the two pictures you posted shows this.....you have on the first sheet the generic drawing and on the second sheet you have the instance drawing. So what seams to be the problem?? I don't get it.

Or is like Srini said you want to make the first sheet on the drawing (the generic) and you don't want to dimension the instance all over again for the second sheet?

backoffice,

I think I get what you are asking for.

Create a table of single cell. Define repeat region. Select table...Right click ...report parameter... mbr.name.

Now you will get the model in the tree.

I hope I have helped. I would however prefer TWO seperate Drawings....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back