Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

GeFore 8600M Video Card

biff

Anyone know if this will workwith Wildfire III & 4?

Looking at a dell 1720 2.4ghz laptop with Vista

Anyone know if there are any issues?

cheers.

I would think that it would, that is a pretty good card. I have a 7xxx in my laptop and it runs just fine. Difference being I'm still using WF2 on a 32bit XP machine.

It will work fine. The only issue you may experience are very slow regeneration times with large complex assemblies.

Hi, Would like to know if there are any diffrence in using 32-bit and 64-bit OS on Asus EN9600GT (512MB) graphic card? Will it work?

Hi, I think that this card is pretty good in Pro/Engineer. Many companies selling pro/e require this card so you can use it without problems

Jotry said:
Hi, Would like to know if there are any diffrence in using 32-bit and 64-bit OS on Asus EN9600GT (512MB) graphic card? Will it work?

I'll tell you one thing. Pro/e uses minimal power from graphic card. It uses mainly processor and RAM f.e. when you rotating the part the coordinates are calculated by processor not graphic card(or rendering is provided by processor,graphic card is ) so it doesnt matter which kind of OS will you use... But when you have 64bit processor and 64bit version of pro/e then you can use 64bit OS, it's i think better.

It true that Pro/E needs little graphics power to run I ran a NVS200 and a 500 plus asm with out issue back in the day. But the GeForce Cards are buggy when running Pro/E I just Bench marked a FX4500, FX3450/4000 and a GeForce 8800GTS. All got about the same score. But the GeForce has ghosting and freaks out any time you try to sketch. Find some one that has that card running Pro/E with out issue also find out what driver there using.

pmack009 said:
It true that Pro/E needs little graphics power to run I ran a NVS200 and a 500 plus asm with out issue back in the day. But the GeForce Cards are buggy when running Pro/E I just Bench marked a FX4500, FX3450/4000 and a GeForce 8800GTS. All got about the same score. But the GeForce has ghosting and freaks out any time you try to sketch. Find some one that has that card running Pro/E with out issue also find out what driver there using.

Im using now nvidia 8600GT and im satisfied. Its all about yout processor

Hi, i am using a G8400M and sometimes i have problems on drawings using WF4, it slows down when moving views or highlighting complex sections. Anyone know what could be the cause? Maybe i don't have the right driver?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back