Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

gearbox

logenkurt

can anyone help me design a simple gearbox system inside a small diesel powered air compressor to use for driving air hammers. Its actually a project in collage. I am very very weak in pro e. please can someone help me.
smiley19.gif

nothing... its just a small project for a subject called machine design...can u help me? please help if u can...because i got alot of other subject to concentrate on and my final exams are just around the corner...thanxs for replying

as far as I remmember form studies(5 years passed by the way), you should first know what a motor(engine) you have and what a toque and velocity You want to have at the end

so then You count the gear ratio and while that You will obtain the dims for wheels

but as far as I remmember - if You are really a student - your university should give you sotware to count this, and all what You need - this software give You

so finally You are not prompted to draw each teeth of gear but as I suppose make an assembly drawing for gear box

it is not all that hard

do it yaself!!

it aint that hard, they dont want a great deal, just want u to run thro the process of doing it.

<H1 =firsting>Image:Four stroke engine diagra m.jpg</H1>
<DIV id=Content>
<H3 id=siteSub>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</H3>
<DIV id=contentSub></DIV>
<DIV id=jump-to-nav>Jump to: navigation, search</DIV>

No file by this name exists; you can upload it.

bro trillicomm i cant enter the link u gave me....</DIV>

Can someone please design a gearbox suitable for a paper pulping machine for me. I'm a student too and I cant be bothered learning myself........
smiley2.gif
..lol

Dear logunkurt!!

Pls note that this is a Pro-E forum and u can discuss problems, issues regarding this software. I completely agree with muadib3d.

The purpose of ur assignment, as far as i have looked in it, is NOT to judge ur modelling skills, but to check how well u can solve an engineering problem analytically. Modelling and drawing is just the last requirement of ur Final Report, (see 2nd page of ur attachement).

If u r thinking that any one here would help u solve the problem for u, then u r mistaken. Infact no one wd do it for u but ur self. People here can help u at the stage when u have solved the problem analytically and u need modelling/drawing tips. So dont rely on others. Just consult ur friends, discuss the problem, make up ur mind and solve it by ur own understanding. That is the whole point of giving u this problem.

Good Luck

Dear Logankurt,

The purpose of a student is to learn. The learning cycle follows Plan (your learning), DO (Doing it yourself), CHECK (get it evaluated) and ACT (correcting yourself). Post your work. Perhaps more forum members would come forward to correcting it...

We have a saying in India.... If you wish to see heaven, then you must die for it.....

Happy learning.....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back