Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Gear Simulation

rework

I am having issues with the V4.0 gear simulation. I can't make the geared bodies connect as if geared. When I run a dynamic analysis, the "Mechanism failed". It seems to be tied to a "Carrier" problem. When I check the "no carrier" box, the mechanism runs, but no gear connection. I have done similar mechanisms with success, but this one is killing me. I go back to the successful one to compare, but no clue as to what's wrong with the new one!! Any suggestions??

Rework

I finally got this to work --- not sure how. The gearing appears to add 4 redundancies. Also moves very slowly when running the analysis --- maybe because of the redundancies? This is a "special" situation, where I have a bevel gear set with one gear stationary, and the other nutating around the first. To make this work, I placed the "stationary" gear on a pin joint, and rotated it VERY slowly.

Rework

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back