Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

GD&T (ISO GPS) Best Practices in Creo

Dcentral

Hi,

Has anyone come across a good user guide or presentation for working with Geometric Tolerances (GD&T) specifically in the Proe/Creo environment?

I have recently completed a course on the theory of GD&T (ISO GPS) and believe I am coming to understand it.
There is also a lot of information about the theory available online.
I do know where the dialogue boxes for Geom Tols are in Pro/e and how to apply tolerance frames etc. but where I am falling down is in devising a best practice approach to generating and managing reference datum’s, specifically the non-planar ones.
Reference datum axes and planes created by ‘Features of Size’ in the GD&T system (Holes, shafts, cuts or protrusions bisected by planes) for instance.
Once complication is that we typically tend to work in a Top Down design fashion where the ‘features’ are not necessarily generated at part level.
Also we work predominantly with plastic injection molded parts so setting mutually perpendicular reference datum’s can be difficult when draft needs to be considered.
I could also use some guidelines on how to manage the visible information in the drawing..

If anyone has come across such reference material, I would be most appreciative
I would be happy to hear other people’s experiences of using GD&T in Proe also

Thanks
Dave

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back