Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

GD&T Daums display.

Nicholas.w

I have a part and am trying to get the datums to display with the filled in "origin" triangle and leader (as shown below in pic 1).but without attaching it to a dimension. (this is an assembly drawing) If i don't attach it to a dimension i get this weird centerline axis (as shown below in pic 2).

How can I change this?

if its changeable... Does there need to be a dimension in this view to attach it in that manner?

WF 2.frekin0

Pic 1

View attachment 3313

Pic 2

View attachment 3314

To be clear. This is what i want. (I erased the 1.25 dim using paint).

View attachment 3315

still no worky...

I read thru the other dtl options and I didn't see any other settings that this setting might be dependent on...

did you save it in the directory where the model & drawing are? just a thought

it will create a file (active drawing.dtl)

As said gtol_datums std_iso

Create the axis, make it set datum, leave it free. Then in drawing show/erase the axis and right-click on it, properties, and select on geometry from the list below and select the circle egde:

View attachment 3316

I noticed that there are some cases when this is not working, for example when you have 2 holes in line. But for a single hole thru your part should work.

For when this is not workingI make a plane tangent to that hole then make the plane set datum.

especial said:
did you save it in the directory where the model & drawing are? just a thought

it will create a file (active drawing.dtl)

Yes I saved the file.

vlad1979 said:
As said gtol_datums std_iso

Create the axis, make it set datum, leave it free. Then in drawing show/erase the axis and right-click on it, properties, and select on geometry from the list below and select the circle egde:

I noticed that there are some cases when this is not working, for example when you have 2 holes in line. But for a single hole thru your part should work.

For when this is not working I make a plane tangent to that hole then make the plane set datum.

This worked! funny thing is I tried it yesterday but it wouldn't attach. the catch is (im working with an Assy drawing) you have to create the datum in the individual part. not at the assy level. otherwise I couldn't get it to attach.

arroyopr said:
Try on geomerty as reference, then placement click on the datum. btw this is on wf3.

Were on WF2.0. sorry can't try this.

Thank's All

Edited by: Nicholas.w

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back