Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

free fit as default

mdemers

Hi,
95% of the time in our designs, we use free fit for thru holes. But the default fit is close fit. Does anyone know how to change the default to free fit, while still keeping the close and medium fit in the pull down menu?
Kind regards,
Mathieu

So, I don't know if you can change that setting. I just looked at the config list and didn't see anything.

However, you could create a mapkey that clicks on Hole Wizard and then selects clearance hold and free fit and then make that entire process a button. That could achieve effectively the same thing, right?

True, that would indeed achieve the same objective. I"m just wondering if it's worth programming a mapkey and manage the different options that may also be selected or not, the various hole table, etc.
I'll think about it. Thanks Mark,
Mathieu

Actually, I kinda wished it would just remember my last settings, regardless of feature.. Welds, holes, flanges, etc.. If I make a hole, and set it to, say tapped, 6-32, countersunk, .5 deep, etc.. I'd like my next hole to be just that, instead of going back & re-entering it all again, and again..

wogz - you can do what you want by selecting an existing hole from the model and ctrl c / ctrl v (copy / paste) then just pick the new location and reference planes. I do agree that it should hold on to the parameters set from the previous command. Maybe in the next rev.

whispers to other forum members..

I thought the use of CRTL C /V was taboo in Pro e...

I do it for parts in an assembly, but didn't know I could do it when modeling / with features..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back