Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

flipping the end point of a curve

tomhartman

Hi -
I'm trying to create a simple four sided boundary blend.
When i select the first to curves of the boundary blend the
end points of the first curve are the opposite of what i
want them to be. How can I flip the end points of the
curve when the direction "flip" option isn't available?
24_121833_boundry_blend_ flip_curve_.JPG">

thanks for any help...

Hi, not quite sure I understand your question. You say the end points of the first curve are in the wrong direction? It sounds more like your describing a vss. You can drag and snap the end points of boundary blend curves to a more appropriate point to help construction e.g. you can drag the end point of a curve in the first direction to the end point of a curve in the second direction.

you pic seems to be lost. So i cant quite understand either.... you might want to use controlpoints , but... upload a new pic so we can have a look.

//Tobias

The picture, please. :) But what you could try is for the curve chain you require the start point changed: Copy the curve, Paste - and you'll see the start point as a box you can drag and snap to various entities. By clicking on the big Arrow, the start direction can also be changed. Then use this new curve as the chain for your Blend.

Curve Chain Copied:

View attachment 4952

Start point dragged to a different location.

View attachment 4953

Looks to me like you need to select the curves in the second direction to create a four sided boundary blend. Can youpick those already shown?

Cheers, Adam

Thanks Tobias and Adam -

although i show a specific example, my main question is
more general. I've often run into the problem where i'm
creating a simple boundary blend between two curve, and
Pro-E wants to twist the surface.

thanks for your help.
Tom

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back