Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Filter region by parameter

Suds

How would you go about filtering out family instances based on a parameter value?

For instance:
A Family table consists of instances that contain a parameter "SHEET" with values of "1"or "2". If the instance value for SHEET = 1 then the instance should not show in the simple repeat region.

Thanks!

You can do so by creating a large Simple Repeat Region and adding a filter to just that one:

<div style="margin-left: 40px;">&fam.inst.param.name == SHEET&fam.inst.param.value == 1 or 2 or whatever page you want to show.
</div>
Here is a quick video tutorial on how to do so...

Link (21.1 MB)

Right click and "Save Target As..." to download to your computer for future REF.

I believe the only limitation would be that you are limited to filtering the large RR by only one parameter and value. You couldn't use multiple Parameters and their corresponding values for them (SHEET, ABC, EFG, etc) at the same time as there is no way to differentiate which value goes with which parameter.

You can do that with an Assembly though because you can create User Defined RR Report Parameters. Then when you apply a filter you can get specific:

<div style="margin-left: 40px;">&asm.mbr.SHEET == 1&asm.mbr.ABC != Yes

</div>I am not aware of how to create User Defined RR Report Parameters like that for Family Table parts. I wish you could as it would make a RR for Family Table parts much easier to do rather than having to use filters as shown in the quick tutorial.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Cheers!

Edited by: jsantangelo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back