Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Filled fonts and symbols

Zestje

Hello,

I have a drawing of a label, which has text and symbols (e.g. a curved arrow) on it.
These consist of several sketched features in the part. In the drawing, only the outlinesof the text and symbols are shown. I want to have the text and symbols shown 'filled' in the drawing.

I found that I can 'focus' the sketches in the drawing and make a solid hatch in them, but this is very tedious to do with the text and also not parametric, so when I change the text, the hatch in the drawing doesn't. There must be a decent way to do this.
Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Just found a way to get what I want:

1) 'edit defenition' on the sketched feature and set a cross-hatch with a very small line distance (e.g. 0.1mm)

2) if the (default blue) outlines from the sketch are plotted too thick, which makes the text and symbols hard to read in the .pdf of the drawing, you can go to the 'properties' of the sketch and set a different colour corresponding with a thinner plotted line.

Now I have a label with filled black text and symbols on a white background on my plot.
I you want white text on a black background you can add a frame (just focus the outline of the label e.g.) around the text in sketcher. This will 'invert' the fill.

Edited by: Zestje

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back