Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

fil file tweeking

cncwhiz

I have some developed posts for the machines that I have in my shop. Do to progress we have more needs that require some work to my post processors. I have been letting the setup people make edits to my programs for a few areas. I have started using a face deburring brush in my process. The brush requires that I run at a counter clockwise rotation of the tool. My posts were built with a hard coded "M13" to run at a clockwise rotation and turn on the coolant. I want to be able to allow the CL file to dictate this. I also need to add to my "coolant" area for "thru" the spindle coolant. My biggest issue with this is that my posts had many hands do the work and different styles etc... Does anybody have any samples and or fil files they are willing to share so I can use your samples to build my fil files to do these funtions?

CNCWHIZ

I have the austin books. I spent most of yesterday morning working on the post. I can see that there are things tied to other things and the way it was built by different people over years make it more confusing? I am going to spend the time and go thru the post from top to bottom. With the help of this and other forums plus some friends I will get the job done so next time I want to do things, I have better handle on it. I will go thru the links you sent me as well as my books.

Thanks

I have been looking at this issue with deep thought as far as any future work is involved. I am deciding that I have a training cd for gpost, I have the books for gpost and Fil files. I think that I will take what work in my current post and apply it to a new post that I am going to develop. The approach and design of the post and how it relates to the fil file need indepth thought. I wont put any bandaid approach in the fil file. I have seen examples of other peoples fil files and they none are even close to the same.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back