Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Family Table created after the drawing

JimiH

Hello

Recently finished a complex drawing only to be asked to include different pipe fittings optionsin the model. Ok so I created the optional fittings in the model and created a family table to select between which fittings are required. Now the original drawing is of the the Generic which includes both options.

I have added both members of the family table to the drawing and set the current model to option 1 however only views created after I have set the desired family table member display correctly.. So do I have to redraw the model again
smiley19.gif

WF2

Thanks

Geoff
Edited by: JimiH

For the existing views you need to REPLACE the generic with the instance, not just adding the model to the drawing.

Hi

I can see "REPLACE" when right clicking the drawingand selecting properties, drawing models?

This however doesn't changeany view's from the generic. If I right click the desired view I get the following.

ie, no replace?

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Geoff

When you use replace does it give you a dropdown DRAW MODELS where you can select the model and then it opens the Instance dialog box where you select the instance? If so you need to select theinstance that the views were first created with for it to update since you have more than one model associated with the drawing. If you go back to the Set Model selection under DWG MODELS you may notice that one of the instances is removed from the drawing if you make the right selection. So I would remove the instances from the drawing unless you need to detail them and then use Replace on the generic.

Thanks that worked, i was just going to take out a ticket with PTC.

I removed all the instances from the drawing then replaced the generic with the first instance like you described.

Geoff

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back