Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Fabriwin

scottm

Old problem, but I've never seen a real solution. We do a lot of sheet metal, simple press brake stuff. Nothing exotic.

Our tool of choice is a laser cutter - and our problem is ellipses and polylines. Ellipses can't be done of course, and polylines cause massively short entities and jagged ugly laser cuts.

There are plenty of ways to model ellipses and any curve with arcs and lines, but I don't see any way software to do it in Pro-E, OR to post-process a DXF file.

I do not want our manufacturing people using the smoothing algorithm on Fabriwin - as I want engineering in control. I also don't want to generate G-code in engineering. I want a DXF with all lines and arcs, with a max deviation from the original flat of .XXX, and a minimum entity length of .XXX.

Any thoughts or solutions? Seems like somebody, somewhere must have written something like this...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back