Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Extruded Cut

medesign

Hi
When I use extruded cut in my model it only gives me one direction of through all. Extruded cuts I used earlier in the model all give me more than one direction (ie up to next, blind & midpoint). This model happens to have a bunch of extruded cuts When I start a new model it also gives me more than one direction. Any ideas as to what is going on. I'm new to Solidworks...thanks

Jim,

I'm not sure what you mean by a snapshot. Do you want to see the whole file or
just the feature menu? Anyway I went back and looked at the geometry and found that I'm using the same sketch for three extruded cuts. Basically I have a cookie cut out of a part and I'm using a continuing sketch but different extruded cuts. so I'm starting and stopping each time. This is actually where the problem starts. The first
extruded cut is fine but the other two only allow a through all cuts. Do you think that
is the problem? Really appreciate your help being new to SW.

By snapshot, I mean a picture - like a printscreen of what you are seeing. It's nearly impossible to create CAD geometry without looking at it, now imagine trying to troubleshoot it!
smiley2.gif

Try to upload a picture of this sketch that you're using multiple times, and alsoa picture of your expanded feature tree.

If you are comfortable sharing your actual SW file, then upload that too. The more the merrier.

Jim Shaw
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shawengineering

medesign said:
JimI thought this would help
<a href="uploads/medesign/2011-02-
<br / target="_blank">01_141257_Pratice_part_1.zip">2011-02-
01_141257_Pratice_part_1.zip</a>

I Am using Solidworks 2007, your file is done in future
version. So can you upload some image..??

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back