Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Extracting Info

bartlwf

I need to extract the length of a datum curve and set that length as a new parameter in that part. I will ultimately be using that information the part drawing. Thanks for any help you can give me on this subject.

Bill, when you ask a forum for help there will be a whole number of people spending time looking into the problem as well as future searches into 'extracting info'.

Thanks for letting us know that you have figured it out, but, and don't take this the wrong way, it would be courteous to give the solution.

I'm so sorry Kenppy, it was such a long process to input that I didn't have time to enter it in this forum. If someone does need the information tho, I can enter it in the forum. Beware, it's kind of long.

offcourse you should post the solution "here"regadless of how long it is. I bet there will be someone who needs to know the answer!
smiley2.gif

//Tobias

bartlwf said:
I'm so sorry Kenppy, it was such a long process to input that I didn't have time to enter it in this forum. If someone does need the information tho, I can enter it in the forum. Beware, it's kind of long.

You were asking the members of this forum to type in the long solution, why do you figure they have the time if you do not? If you're not prepared to help others, don't expect them to help you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back