Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

external parameter

conrat said:
Can you just add the code to the part so that it sets the parameters to the correct values? Then you can get the information from the part in the drawing?

Jim

sorry, but i don't know how to insert it and where!.
i let u know that this informations of "DESIGNER" and "MATERIAL" will be viewed in the table format.
So, i must write this relation in my file format, or write it when i'm working a drawing part?

When I need to show part information on a drawing, I typically create relations to hold the data I want to show. Then, I refer to this data in my drawing by calling the parameter name in the table cell. You can also do BOM reports for entire assemblies by referencing these parameters. Look in the help file under repeat region and pro/report.

Jim

Open the part, then click tools - relations. From there you are greeted with a text pad area where you can type.

To add a relation for DESIGNER you could type

DESIGNER="bob"

Alternatively, if you need to use logic, you could type:

if MATERIAL == "304"
DESIGNER="bob"
else
DESIGNER="joe"
endif

The sky is the limit. Look in the fundamentals section of the help file searching for RELATIONS or PRO/PROGRAM. Both sections will be helpful.

Jim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back