Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

External dimension definition..?

ReMinder

Is thre any possibiltyes to define external dimensions beetwen parts/assemblyeson Pro/E?

Example by when i want to define that thelength of part1 should be the same as the length of part2...

Yes,you will have to create a parameter for length in part 2.Use insert from list option in asm mode(Relations) to declare the length of part1.

Use relations in asm mode.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
Thanks a lot brother
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Hi.

There is also an other option. You could use TOP-DOWN methodology where you cancontrolmany other things inside so called "skeleton" part which is used as source of references for your parts. So, if you create references (boundaries) of your parts inside you "skeleton" in the manner thatthese referencesare equal, as a consequence your parts will be the same size.

In connection with "skeleton" there is also a sort of 2D drawing called "layout" that is used to define common parameters (dimensions, number of ribs, ...) and itis very concise.

smiley1.gif
Thanks a lot brother... but i think it will be more difficult with skeleton in my homework...

Do anyone know about possibilityes to referer dimension to external files as exel or txt...?
Edited by: ReMinder

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back