Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Export 3D-files to Autocad

geertdaenen

Hello,

does anybody know if it's possible to export a 3D-ProE-model to Autocad 3D? I've tried to save a STEP and IGES-copy, but it's not possible to open these files in Autocad.
Is it possible tosave a 3D-dwg-copy of the ProE-model? I'm unfortunately not that familiar with Autocad.

Thanking you in advance

Hello

The following works for me

1. <LI>Save the Pro model as an ACIS-file (outside PDM)</LI>
    <LI>InAutocad type ACISIN + enter, pick the ACIS-file and press open.</LI>

Look what ProE says under "save copy as". If it states ACIS you're on your way. I think I remember (cautious ....) that possible export formats is one of the million things that vary according to your license.

Anyway, I think Autocad should read IGES but maybe this is also a license matter. You can cross-check the possible import formats of Autocad against the possible outputs of ProE.

Alex

For me it's not possible to save a ACIS-file in proE and open a Iges-file in autocad. So I don't have the right license, I think.

Is there another solution for my problem?

I dont know what type of licenses I have access to. The license is obtained trough a pool that is sheared with other companies. I have two options: flex3c and standard. selecting standard (what ever license that might be) I can still use file/save a copy... and select ACIS (have to scroll down to it).

It is really a joke if any version of license deny you to save as ACIS
smiley7.gif
. It might not be the best of choises today, but has been my preferred choise for a long time towards autocad because it has performed well.

We have a AutoCAD 2004 SP 1a license, nothing fancy about it at all, we use a lot of our own developed tools. But it can import ACIS by typing ACISIN in the command field. In the help files I can see that even Autocad LT can do this.

If you in fact are unable to do this you have to find a common file-type that you can save as in Pro and open/import in Acad. Search the internet for possible programmes/add-on's that can convert - there are some of them as well.

Good luck

The ACIS file type may be listed as an SAT file in the "save a copy" function in Pro/E. It seems odd that it wouldn't be included in all licenses.

Thanks a lot.

It's no problem to save a copy as an ACIS-file in ProE and import the file in ACAD by typing ACISIN in the command-field.

I am having a similar issue. I have saved out a 3D wireframe model from ProE as a SAT file. I have then typed in ACISIN into the command bar in AutoCAD. When I select my file to open nothing shows up. What am I missing? Please help.

Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back