Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exploded view offset lines

aerudo

I've got an assembly that involves a lot of parts that have to mate together ... none of which into nice holes with axes that would line up smoothly or anything like that. Very few right angles ... and the only faces that touch are the ones that are being bonded.

I'm trying to put Offset Lines to show how each piece isapplied to theassemblyusing the View Manager in the Assembly Mode, but every time I make one using the Surface Norm style of line, it throws a weird jog in the Offset Line since I can't possibly click immediately above or below to create a straight line.

What method is there in Pro/E WF 2.0 that would allow me to more easily make Offset Lines? clicking on one surface and then the next makes non-straight lines ... is there a way to just connect lines parallel to the direction that the object was exploded?

Thanks in advance

aerudo

The reason for the jog is because the holes are not aligned. Easiest method to make it look better is select move then pick each jog and drag it close to the origin part. This way the jogs don't look so much like jogs. Or line up the parts.

Brenyw

Use
Axis to Axis or
Axis & Norm to surface

This should give you straight lines.

You can also just resize the Axes when shown in the drawing to achieve a similar effect.

PTC should allow Explode lines to be reference patterned. But I don't think they'll get to doing that any time in the near future.

This is a good thing if you get paid by the hour otherwise it's very time consuming

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back